Two shares available at R790,000 each
Own an 8th share, of which there are two available, in this magnificent home in Walkersons Private Estate and gain 6 weeks a year usage of this beautifully designed home located in Homesteads Village overlooking the Lunsklip River.
The house has four en suite bedrooms, two living areas and a covered verandah. The quality finishes throughout the house together with beautiful furniture ensures a luxurious feel. The living and entertainment areas are spacious and flows from the central island in the kitchen area, through the dining /lounge area that opens out on to a deep covered verandah. From there the views are across to the river and one of the many dams on the Estate through mature oak trees.
The open plan bedrooms are all en suite and have been finished in a modern style. There are wooden sash feature windows, solid wood doors and an under floor water heating system throughout the house.
The Estate is situated only 10 kms from Dullstroom on the R540 towards Lydenburg. Walkersons offers buyers a private country space for those that wish to retreat from the pressures of city living, offering an environment of peace, tranquility and beauty second to none. With only 114 stands in total, within 800 hectares, exclusivity is ensured.
The estate also offers arguably the best fly-fishing waters in the entire area with 14 dams and 4 kms of perennial river running through its heart. Owners also have access to the Estate gym, 2 kilometers of paved walking paths and access to the Walkersons Hotel and Spa.
ACCOMMODATION DETAILS:- Stairs with iron railings from the carport area lead down to the front courtyard with paving stones leading onto the Porte Cache with impressive, large solid wooden double entrance doors;
- The home has two wings which are linked by the entrance hall. Each wing accommodates the living and sleeping areas respectively. The Entrance hall features two large wooden sash windows and double volume ceilings with exposed beams. Just off the entrance is a guest toilet and two storerooms, one of which houses the pump for the under floor heating and the second has lockers for each shareholder to store their fishing equipment. Living Area
- The open living area is very spacious and located to the right of the entrance hall and encompasses the open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area;
- The dining / lounge area has double volume ceilings, with exposed beams and two beautiful metal chandeliers;
- The entire area is warm and bathed in light due to the suntrap windows located high up on three of the double volume walls;
- The lounge features an impressive double sized stone fireplace;
- Large wooden doors on both sides of the room lead onto the covered verandah on the front of the house and to the entrance courtyard on the other side.Kitchen- The kitchen is single volume with knotty pine ceilings and down lighters;
- All the counters are granite topped except for the large central island which has wooden counter tops, a prep sink and storage cupboards below;
- Cooking is a pleasure with a Defy 5 plate gas hob and oven with extractor fan and cooler space is ample with a double door stainless steel finished fridge/ freezer;
- The scullery area has a double sink, ample cupboards and granite counter tops;
- The storeroom off the kitchen also features lockers for each shareholder and additional storage space under the stairs;
- The courtyard off the kitchen has an outside sink and is enclosed by a partial stone wall and wooden fence.Covered Verandah- The deep verandah extends from the living area, through sliding folding doors and takes advantage of the wonderful views of the river;
- The floors are cement with tile detail and there is a built in stone gas braai at the one end of the verandah and fireplace at the other.Informal Lounge / TV room
- The stairs leading up to the TV room/ informal lounge has a wrought iron rail. This room is located on a mezzanine level that looks down over the lounge;
- This room also features exposed beams with down lighters.Bedroom Wing
To the right of the entrance hall the passage, featuring a large sash window, leads to the two ground floor bedrooms and a stairway up to the upstairs two bedrooms.Ground Floor Bedrooms
- These bedrooms are very generous in size and feature direct access to the garden through a set of double doors;
- Each room is beautifully decorated with some feature walls having a suede paint finish. The rooms each have two single beds with quality linen, down duvets, headboards, side tables and a dressing table with a feature mirror;
- There are two small built in cupboards on either side of the room near the bathroom;
- The en-suite bathroom has a bath with double vanities on either side with a cemcrete finish and a large mirror. There is also a large shower with pebble stone flooring;
- The first and second bedrooms are mirror images of each other.
Stairs leading up to the third and fourth bedroom also have iron railings and feature a large wooden sash window along the way.Upstairs Bedrooms
- Both upstairs bedrooms are mirror images of the downstairs bedrooms with the only differences being:
- They each have double beds with their own private balconies overlooking the surrounding mountains. - The garden has beautifully manicured flower beds with lavender, rose bushes, ornamental grasses and paved pathways. There are lovely established Oak trees in front of the house, but for the most part the front garden is lawned;
- Paved driveway down to the outbuildings which are made up of a golf card lockable garage, a double carport and a large laundry room which has a single bed and bathroom with a shower, basin and toilet;
- Wall on one side of the one boundary that offers privacy from the neighbour;
- The lodge is heated by means of a heat pump and a water-based underfloor heating system thereby ensuring economical electrical consumption during winter and cold periods;
- Each weeks runs from a Thursday through to the following Tuesday. Wednesdays are used for weekly lodge keeping, cleaning and maintenance. Occupation on a Wednesday will be permitted by prior arrangement;
- Each calendar year is split into 6 cycles of two months each. A shareholder is only entitled to 1 weeks usage per cycle. (Details of allocation available in a separate document);
- The shareholding in the company is limited to 8 equal shares. Each shareholder is entitled to 6 weeks usage of the lodge per annum. The spare four weeks are used for repairs and maintenance or alternatively the lodge is rented out by the company for additional income;
- Each shareholder is required to contribute an equal share towards the monthly operating costs, which are approximately R11,000 in total per month. (R1,375.00 per shareholder, this levy will be increased / decrease as the various charges increase / decrease);
- The lodge is cleaned every Wednesday after occupation and this cost of R380.00 plus R70.00 per room used is payable by the user/shareholder who occupied the lodge;
- The company has registered a bond over the property in the amount of
R2, 000,000. Each shareholder is entitled to make use of this bond facility up to a maximum of R250,000 subject to the provision of adequate and acceptable personal surety. Should this option be exercised the loan would have to be paid back within 5 years.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFOMATION PLEASE CONTACT US
Recent Sales in Dullstroom