Erf size: 2676 m²
This large 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom house is uniquely located on one of the highest points in Dullstroom Village, offering amazing 270 degree views over the town and surrounding farmlands. The original house has been extensively renovated with substantial additions made in the last four years including a 6 car garage. All the bedrooms are en suite and the entertainment areas are generously sized. The property extends across two stands each of 1388sqm and has an attractive garden with a water feature at the entrance of the house.
One of the few houses that has successfully incorporated several green technologies to enable comfortable off the grid living in power failures. These include solar geysers throughout, solar panels and a wind turbine.
The kitchen, dining room, lounge and entertainment areas all exist in a large open plan space.
Entertainment & Living Area:
- There is a small entrance hall area that opens onto the T.V. lounge.
- The TV lounge features a pull down projector screen of approximately 3m x 3m. There are two overhead projectors that project either T.V. channels or DVD,'s onto the screen.
- This area is separated from an entertainment area by a large double sided fireplace ,- this room currently has a full sized restored billiard table.
- There is a built in bar with under-counter fridges.
- The flooring is re-claimed 60 year old Oregon wood throughout the living areas and bedrooms. Only the bathrooms and kitchen do not have wooden floors.
- There are three large north facing feature windows maximizing the warmth from the sun and showing off the wonderful views across the countryside. All these picture windows have armour plated glass.
- The lounge opens out to the patio and built in braai area outside. There is a second pull down screen in this room.
- The verandah is on the northern side of the house near an attractive water feature giving the area the sound of constant running water.
Kitchen & Dining area:
- The kitchen is part of the original house and is open plan incorporating the dining room.
- It has a double sink, five plate gas stove, a central island and original Oregon kitchen fittings.
- The large dining room features a ,"morso-type," glass doored Jetmaster fireplace and features a north facing picture window.
- There is an office with adjoining guest bathroom and toilet
- There is built in shelving and a fireplace with an electric fire.
- Two of the bedrooms are part of the original house with the en suite bathrooms having been renovated, one with bath only and the other with a bath and shower.
- Both bedrooms have built in cupboards and have Victorian style fireplaces dating back to 1890. These two rooms have T.V,'s
- The other three guest bedrooms are situated on the other side of the house and all feature Jetmaster fireplaces.
- The three guest rooms each have wall mounted plasma flat screen T.V,'s and sliding doors onto small balconies. The bathrooms have showers with a seat.
- The main bedroom has a large dressing room and full bathroom, a double vanity and a shower with a seat. It has a small kitchenette with Oregon fittings and a bar fridge.
- There is another en-suite bedroom situated in the garden with a shower, toilet and electric geyser, suitable for an employee or as a sixth guestroom. - There are a number of items that are included in the purchase price including a champion size Billiard table, the two overhead projectors and pull down screens, all of the 6 t.v,'s , the two amplifiers and sound systems, the under bar fridges and the electric winch in the garage. All the furniture is available subject to a separate negotiation.
- Solar energy has been effectively incorporated into both the hot water system and the supply of electricity.
- The solar hot water system supplies a 450 litre geyser. There is also electrical back up to the geyser. The solar panels are linked to an inverter and a bank of 6 deep cycle batteries that are able to run all the lights and one of the T.V,'s in the house, for up to 4 nights.
- There is a wind turbine that is linked into the system. The whole system has an output of 1,2 kva
- The house water supply comes from a borehole that supplies 1800 litres per hour.
- There are two independent sound systems in the house. The first is through an amplifier with speakers in the main entertainment and in the garage. The second system has speakers in the second lounge and dining.
- A very large garage, that easily houses six cars, has direct access to the house via the entertainment area and motorised double garage doors from the drive way.
- The garage has screed floors, ceilings and fluorescent lighting. At the back end of the garage there is an additional lockup storage area with built in shelving. The batteries etc for the solar system are stored in this room.
- There is the potential to convert the garage into three bedrooms which would be the exact duplicate of the three bedrooms upstairs. The required plumbing for these extra bedrooms was installed at the time of building the garage.
- There are two independent security systems and a very secure safe in the house. There are also external beams around the house.
- The 2m high garden wall runs along two of the boundaries of the property and the other two sides has fencing.
- The driveway has double concrete strips, with lights up either side of the drive and the entrance gate is electronically controlled. The drive is paved and is large enough to park 4 cars.
- There is a small pond outside the back door that runs down a channel alongside the path from the driveway, in a series of water falls and ponds. There is a similar feature at the front of the house and at the entrance to the driveway. The garden is well established with roses and mature trees.
- There is also a storeroom/ workshop and an additional wooden shed. There is also a small stone building that is used for storing wood.
Potential Rental Income:
- The current owner lives in the house so it has never been available for weekend rentals however it would certainly lend itself well to rental of the three bedrooms, if the owner chose to use only the original section of the house with two bedrooms.
Recent Sales in Dullstroom