Raubenheimers, the oldest firm of attorneys in George, was established on 1 June 1907 in George when Mr Hendrik Raubenheimer took over the firm from attorney JWL Krige. His son, Jack, joined the firm in 1938 to carry on his father's legacy. The modern library in Raubenheimers' office complex has been named after him.
The one man practice of 1907 has developed into a modern, sophisticated law firm which renders a wide spectrum of law services in the Southern Cape and further afield.
The beautiful building that accommodated the practice in those years was situated on the corner of York and Hibernia Street, but was demolished years ago.