28 Jun 2013
With winter upon us, shower bombs are just the right way to add a little aromatherapy to your morning shower.
Place the steamer on the floor of the shower opposite the shower head so that the steam and shower mist gently hits it. Add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil to your shower bombs to help clean out your sinuses and leave you feeling fresh.
You will need a large mixing bowl, a measuring jug, rubber gloves, a sieve, moulds, 1 cup of citric acid, 2 cups of baking soda, witch hazel in spray bottle, any essential oil and a scoop.
1. Measure out two cups of baking soda and put through the sieve into a large mixing bowl.
This is an important step - you want the dry ingredients as clump-free as possible before beginning to add any wet materials.
2. Measure out one cup of citric acid and pour through the sieve into your mixing bowl.
3. If you want to add some colour, add 2 drops of food colouring and using your hands, mix it together thoroughly.
4. Add 4-5 drops - one at a time - of essential oil to the mix - at different spots and then mix well with your hands. Continue to add drops in this manner until you are finished. If you add it all at one time, the mixture will start fizzing up on you and you don’t want that.
5. The witch hazel must be added using a spray bottle as pouring directly onto the mixture will cause it to fizz up. Spritz the mixture 3-5 squirts at a time. It is important that you not squirt in only one section. Using your hands, mix briskly together, removing any clumps that have formed as you go. You’ll notice the mixture getting a darker blue.
6. Test your mixture after each set of squirts of witch hazel and mixing. If it doesn’t hold together it’s not ready. If it holds together like a clump of wet sand then it’s ready for placing into the mould.
7. Press a handful of mixture firmly into the mould. Make sure you press it firmly as you don’t want any gaps to show in the finished products. As you work you will notice that the mixture forms to the mould easily.
After you have completed four shower bombs you can go back and press on one side and they will slide out perfectly. Set aside to make the next four.
8. Let the shower bombs dry for about 24 hours and when completely hardened wrap them in cling wrap or store in an airtight container.
Shower bombs make great homemade gifts when placed in a basket or box. Using one in your shower each morning is a sure way to start your day refreshed.
Article courtesy of www.home-dzine.co.za
Home - DzineYour online source of ideas and inspiration.
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or higher, please verify that your Internet Explorer compatibility view settings are not enabled.
For the best browsing experience, update to the latest Version of Internet Explorer or try out Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Please contact our Property24 Support Team for further assistance. Tel. +27 (0)861 111 724