07 Aug 2013
Cleaning your house from top to bottom is important, but not everyone can get it done every day. So here are some handy tips for getting the job done fast.
1. Pour a glass of coca-cola down the toilet to make the bowl shine without having to scrub it. Let it sit for a few minutes and then flush the toilet.
2. Cut a lemon in half and use it to clean water marks and fingerprints off steel surfaces. If you don’t have a fresh lemon, a squirt or two of pure lemon juice will do the trick. This method will also make your steel kitchen appliances look like new.
Tip: Vinegar, baking soda and lemons are the three most effective cleaners you can use in your home.
3. Use sea salt to scrub burnt food and cooking stains off any non-stick pan and save money on sponges.
4. Use a piece of thick twine to clean food out from in between the prongs of your forks.
5. When your feline friend starts to shed his winter coat, wet a pair of rubber gloves and run them along the furniture. This will pick up all the loose hair.
Tip: Store all the cleaning products in a shoe holder and hang it on the back of a door to save on storage space.
6. Wash your Tupperware in hot water and add two tablespoons of baking soda to remove food odours from the plastic.
7. Finally there is a use for mismatched socks. Slip a sock onto your hand and run it along surfaces while dusting. Then pop it into the washing machine and store it with your cleaning supplies.
8. Use an old newspaper instead of a cloth when you are cleaning windows and mirrors. The paper absorbs moisture without leaving smears along the surface.
9. Nothing is more painful than hurting your hand when cleaning narrow necked decanters, vases or champagne flutes. Just add a handful of uncooked rice to the water. The rice will help remove obstructions from the neck and clean the bits you can't reach. – Victoria Taylor
About the Author
House for sale in Vanderbijlpark SE6 R 1 420 000
Apartment / Flat for sale in Arboretum R 750 000
House for sale in Oakdene R 4 999 000
House for sale in Beverley R 5 150 000
Apartment / Flat for sale in Die Hoewes R 620 000
House for sale in Amberfield R 2 300 000
Townhouse for sale in Highveld R 875 000
House for sale in Langebaan R 2 580 000
House for sale in Brackendowns R 1 200 000
House for sale in Welgedacht R 5 750 000
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or higher, please verify that your Internet Explorer compatibility view settings are not enabled.
For the best browsing experience, update to the latest Version of Internet Explorer or try out Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Please contact our Property24 Support Team for further assistance. Tel. +27 (0)861 111 724