13 Jun 2013
Father's day is rolling in and once again, you may find yourself stuck on what to get the man you look up to most in your life.
For the sports fans
1. For dads who need a weekly sports fix, put together the ultimate man basket. The basket can contain your fathers' favourite sports time snacks, such as a variety of biltong and nuts, a few beers and the ingredients to make the perfect half-time sandwich.
2. For the dads who spend most of their time lying back on the couch, a remote caddy is the perfect choice. This allows your dad to keep everything he needs, such as the TV remote and the TV guide, close at hand.
3. For the golfing enthusiast, encourage the children to make him a nifty hole-in-one pen holder to decorate his desk. They are fairly easy to make and will add a bit of sentiment to the day, with a handmade gift.
For the man outdoors
4. You can never go wrong with a braai kit. They are easy to put together, practical and always appreciated. Throw a pair of tongs, a grill brush, your dad's favourite spices and an apron into a rustic looking coal bucket and there you have it. Get creative and recycle a tin to store firelighters and get a sealed bin to store charcoal in.
5. If the car is your father's pride and joy, a car wash kit will go down well. Place the essentials such as cleaning fluid, car wax, tyre polish and a few sponges into a sturdy bucket and place a ribbon round the handle. This way, your dad will have everything he needs all together for the next wash.
6. Apron smake great gifts because you can personalise them as much as you want. Get your dad a super hero one, a hunky beach body one or one with a simply, quirky quote. They come in a variety of designs and sizes, so you are bound to find one that suits your dad's personality.
For the groomers
7. Give your dad a good laugh by getting him a coffee mug decorated with an elaborate, fancy man moustache. You can buy these at gag stores or make your own at home using ceramic paint. They are funny and practical and are bound to give your dad a giggle at the office.
8. If your father has a collection of ties, get him to organise them by building him a handy tie shelf. This can be done by using small block shelves and dividing them in half to fit the ties. Stain or paint the wood a dark colour and fit into the cupboard. Your dad can also use the shelves to store his watch and cufflinks.
9. Promote a clean shave by putting together a personalised grooming kit. You can buy the essentials of the kit, such as the razor and the shaving bowl, but bring a sentimental touch by adding your dad's favourite aftershave, an organic bar of soap and a hydrating face cream.
10. For the businessman, a good pair of cufflinks goes a long way. Although sometimes they can be expensive, add a personal touch by having your dad's initials or a sentimental date engraved into them. Wrap them together with a new tie, or a simple tie pin and you have the perfect gift for the man on the go.
Show your dad how much you appreciate his unwavering support by spoiling him rotten on the one day you can. – Victoria Taylor
About the Author
House for sale in Verwoerdpark R 1 220 000
House for sale in Soshanguve R 325 000
Apartment / Flat for sale in Boardwalk Villas R 660 000
House for sale in Modimolle R 1 300 000
House for sale in Modimolle R 817 500
House for sale in Bela Bela R 320 000
Vacant Land / Plot for sale in Kwelera R 2 000 000
Vacant Land / Plot for sale in White River R 805 000
Vacant Land / Plot for sale in Welgedacht R 115 000
House for sale in Pretoria North R 3 100 000
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or higher, please verify that your Internet Explorer compatibility view settings are not enabled.
For the best browsing experience update to the latest Version of Internet Explorer or try out Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Please contact our Customer Service Centre for further assistance. Tel. +27 (0)861 111 724